As of 2020, all Project MOU's will contain the "Green Wave Project Policy".
GREEN WAVE PROJECT POLICY
For projects to be considered or supported by Green Wave for fiscal sponsorship, all projects must:
- be in alignment with Green Wave's mission.
- establish or continue an eco-policy* and social good policy.
- be open to sharing Green Wave content through their platforms.
- be open to collaborating with other Green Wave projects.
- comply with Green Wave non-discrimination and transparency policies.
- allow for Green Wave to be the executor of all fundraising set up and donation channels.
- A written and publicly available (i.e. website published) eco-policy should be established within the first 6 months of sponsorship from Green Wave.
- We ask our projects to rethink all energy and product usage in terms of toxicity and waste disposal, reusability, recyclability, energetic and ethical footprint.
- The eco policy should examine all structures (organizational governance, staff habits, and contact with program recipients or other members of the public) in terms of the minimization of energy use, mitigation of toxins, and make a good faith attempt for best material procurement and disposal, including food and beverage, used in day to day operations as well as events.
- Projects must be open to the examination by Green Wave of the eco-policy and the implementation of recommendations made to project's eco-policy by Green Wave.
- The projects must include in their annual report, or submit separately, any updates on their current eco-policy.
- Green Wave will attempt to keep recommendations reasonable by taking into account the financial implications of recommendations and will accept phase-out plans.
- Partner projects that don't adhere to these guidelines may jeopardize continued fiscal sponsorship by Green Wave.
- Understand that eco-policy is included in MOU's. Although eco-policy requirements may evolve over time, Green Wave will not require drastic changes from the date of the signed MOU that lasts typically for a duration of 2 years.